Monday, October 06, 2008

Donald Miller on Faith and Politics

Tonight my friend Kate and I ventured to Virginia Theological Seminary in Alexandria, VA to hear Donald Miller speak, along with the faith director of Barack Obama's campaign. I don't know what I was expecting but I was pleasantly surprised.

This wasn't a lecture, but truly a conversation. Donald spoke about his recent visits with various college groups to break the silence or unknowing around some particularly important issues, that become one issue issues for some voters. (Check out his post on his blog that describes a lot of what he spoke about tonight and throughout his "tour.")

What surprised me was how sincere he was as he simply responded to every one's questions, not from a script but from his soul, his heart, his gut. He truly seems like the kinda guy I would love to have a beer with.

And just think it was okay to talk faith and politics. It was a good day.

No comments:

Free Hit Counters