Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A 17 Year Record Has Ended

Well, its been 17 years since I began driving and I have never had a car accident. Until this morning that is. I was driving to a Text Study with some colleagues and just putzing along on the regular morning traffic. We were stop and go, and well we were going. But the car in front of me stopped quickly in response to the car in front of her stopping quickly. I didn't see her brake lights come on - maybe it was the sun which was shining ever so brightly - I am not sure. But I tagged her. We weren't going but 8-10 miles so thankfully it was not bad. My car's front license plate is bent and there is a small white scuff mark to the left of that, and her car has two perfectly placed circular dings where the bolts from the license plate hit her car.

Insurance is handling it and all are okay. Police came out and said it was a non-reportable accident and made sure we exchanged information, which we did. The officer said, I could give you a ticket (to me) but I won't. Your driving record is great and it is just so minor.

So...new learnings every which way...I thank God that both I and the other driver are okay and that my insurance will handle it from here.

No comments:

Free Hit Counters