Monday, November 26, 2007

Advent - Hope and Anticipation

At the start of this week I am knee-deep in the book of Isaiah, as I made the decision to preach from the Isaiah texts for the season of Advent. I have much hope that I can truly hear God's word for God's people here at Epiphany within the words of the book of Isaiah, and anticipate much new learning.

This is honestly the first time I have set out to preach from Old Testament texts - although I have at times been drawn to them, or led there via a homiletics professor. So I am excited and scared. I am hopeful and nervous. I am prayerful and focused. I am well...stepping out and seeking to hear God's word in the world today...and the message of promise.

Keep popping by for random thoughts and comments as this journey moves on...

No comments:

Free Hit Counters