Saturday, September 29, 2007

Random ramblings...

I have been traveling the country for the last week and it has been incredibly exhausting. I first flew out to Portland, OR for the funeral of my dear friend Jerry. It was wonderful to be with his family and just to remember the life and love that he was and the place he continues to hold in our lives. While out there I also was able to spend some time with folks from my internship congregation - it was a hyper-speed time - traveling across time zones and back in two days - but well worth the time and the exhaustion.

Ad I type this I am sitting in my friend Kate's place in Columbus, OH back at Trinity Lutheran Seminary. There was the annual Trinity Days conference here with Ted Peter's speaking. Wonderful speaker and quite engaging and open. I enjoy his writings - although his writings on religion and science always scared me - for I am not quite the scientific mind. But after hearing him speak on this I am curious to read a few more of his works in this area. I'll start small, but move on...

I have been doing the 'catch up' while eating or drinking bit while on the road...and I can say honestly I am eager to get back home to STOP eating and move around a bit more. I love catching up with folks...there are some really great friends and/or mentors that I have been able to touch base with while here, so I wouldn't change a thing, but gosh and I stuffed! :-)

----
Added two new pieces to the blog. One is an RSS feed from Google World News...quick access to news stories globally - and the bonus is that they come from different media outlets, so I think a greater likelihood (although not guaranteed) that a varied and balanced perspective might be gained.

Also added a new link box that will contain - periodically - links to blogs or websites that I bump into and am intrigued for challenged by. I don't necessarily agree with all that is on these site, but something about them grabs me for a few moment, so I share them with you. I do make a commitment that if there is something on one of these blogs that is offensive or I feel crosses a line morally, I will not post it. But if you find something that is troubling, please let me know.

----
Ordination announcements/invites when out on Friday. This means it is in INK now! :-) Much of my planning for the service is complete...now trying to get hotels set for folks coming in, and other plans. I am so excited and woohoo, it is going to be here in just a few weeks.

I begin my first day on Monday. I am excited about this and eager to get my feet on the ground there (as well as unpack all of my boxes of books!). My apartment move-in date was changed to later, so it won't be until after ordination, but I am still quite excited to get into my own space again.

Rambled enough? I think so...peace all!

No comments:

Free Hit Counters